zaterdag 9 november 2013

Van Gogh-Style Self-portrait

This is the start of our lessons about self refection. We had to make two self-portraits by using Van Gogh brushwork and colour. These self-portraits had to show two different sides or moods of yourself. I've chosen to show my silent, confused, lonely side (above) and my energy-full, inspired, loving side (below).
 
 
 
I first drew a silhouete of myself. After that  I painted the background, with a very grove brush. The clothes and hair followed. I've chosen to paint them with a very thin brush. For the assignment it was important that you can see of which colours the painting consists. You had to include the shadows as well. I got an eight for this assignment, which I guess is a good mark for it. :)

Here some detailed pictures:
 
Shadows on my skin
Grove stripes in the background
 

Close-up of the eye

Detailed structure of the clothes



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten